friendsofudvdr.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox - What plugins are you running?

5 posters

Go down

Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox - What plugins are you running? Empty Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox - What plugins are you running?

Post by SithTracy Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:23 am

Since recently getting a Nexus 7 tablet and kinda liking Chrome, I made the move and installed it on my Windows desktop.

Right away, I added AdBlock and as a Firefox user (Adblock Plus), I had another plugin I used called NoScript. The alternative on Chrome is reveresed and called ScriptNo... Seems pretty good. Also use Do Not Track Plus... Not sure what to think of that one... Just curious what plug-ins you use and why... also what it your go to browser... Still a fan of Firefox on the Mac and the Windows PC. On Linux, I have been using Chrome for a while, but only cause Firefox lags on 64-bit Linux a bit.
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox - What plugins are you running? Empty Re: Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox - What plugins are you running?

Post by SithTracy Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Been using Chrome browser more and more. I always preferred it under Ubuntu, but now I am starting to prefer it over Firefox in Windows.
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox - What plugins are you running? Empty Re: Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox - What plugins are you running?

Post by Admin Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:31 pm

SithTracy wrote:Been using Chrome browser more and more. I always preferred it under Ubuntu, but now I am starting to prefer it over Firefox in Windows.

Hi Smile
Try Comodo Dragon (Chrome clone).
I believe this is even better,
Admin
Admin
Senile!!! (+ other things I forget)

https://friendsofudvdr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by simple Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:53 am

I use chrome also with adblock what does noscript do is it worth installing
simple
simple

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:58 am

simple wrote:I use chrome also with adblock what does noscript do is it worth installing

Hi Smile
Check this out.
http://noscript.net/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NoScript
Admin
Admin
Senile!!! (+ other things I forget)

https://friendsofudvdr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:08 pm

Click here for the link to ScriptNo (similar to Firefox's NoScript). Basically what it does is makes browsing more challenging at first, but it prevents some java and tracking crap (and possibly malware) on web sites that Adblock does not. The two go hand in hand for me.
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Fri May 31, 2013 8:12 am

I also use Chrome and Adblock but I sometimes find that my machine hesitates and in the bottom left corner the following message appears. "Waiting for Adblock"

I went off Firefox because I was always getting pop up ads, so I moved to chrome but I still get the same problem, it appears that if your pointer touches any highlighted words up will pop an advert. I now try my best not to follow what I am reading with the pointer, but it is a habit I have indulged in for along time. LOL
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by alan1476 Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:24 pm

I am using Superbird, a browser based on Google Chrome but they don't give all your info to them.

http://superbird-browser.com/en/home
alan1476
alan1476

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down