friendsofudvdr.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What music are you listening to?

+5
satrat
Alby
zebadee
sanshoe
lario48
9 posters

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

What music are you listening to? - Page 34 Empty Re: What music are you listening to?

Post by SithTracy Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:12 pm

Was always a HUGE RUSH fan as Neil Peart's drum work has been nothing short of amazing... It is with heavy heart I recognize and announce to the forum the passing of a great one.

RIP, Neal! I'm glad I got to see you in concert so many times as a young kid and young man.

SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

What music are you listening to? - Page 34 Empty Re: What music are you listening to?

Post by Alby Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:20 am

Nice Tracy.
Never heard of Rush until you brought it up possibly 12 months ago... Got their live album. Still high rotation in the car.

We are losing a few of the great muso's from 70's and 80's now....
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:27 am

Cold Chisel doing a rare national tour around Aus...
Performed at the Mt Duneed estate... A lot of of performers do this outdoor venue.
Elton John , Fleetwood Mac etc....
No I didn't go.... Would have been great... never mind.
Ian Moss ... awesome guitarist. Jimmy Barnes... daughter mahalia barnes 'back singer'... vid quality average.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:47 am

Sorry... this is close to Geelong. It's a Vineyard /Winery with obviously the right space and fall of land that's perfect for holding concerts
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:45 pm

Going to another live show in about a weeks time and getting ready for it... 50 years of UFO... Wife and I have a valentines date to see this show... she is not too keen, but she knows I want to go and this is likely the last run for Phil Mogg.

SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:00 pm

New Nightwish tune...
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by lario48 Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:24 am

JB has a new album being released Aug. 7th-"A New Day Now". I should be receiving mine the first couple of weeks in August.

He has another album being released Oct. 23rd-"Royal Tea". I pre-ordered mine.

Here's a couple of songs from "Royal Tea":

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lario48
lario48
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:48 am

And as usual …. almost a month later down here in Aus.... whoa ! just hit the rocky part of the second song.
Niiice !
I'll be getting both albums.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by lario48 Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:51 am

Hey Alby,

Yeah, they're both really good. That second one (second part) was a surprise.

lario48
lario48
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:45 am

G'day Larry !!
Yeah... looking forward to them. That last one didn't 'do it' for me(Easy to Buy, Hard To Sell).. Not my genre I'm afraid. And I don't think I've played anything from Redemption for quite sometime.
And how have you been anyway ? Melbourne is on the verge of going into serious lockdown. Down here in Geelong It isn't as bad. Masks to be worn when entering shops.
Speaking of which... Mandy is making some washable masks for us here at work. Daughters are selling them at the Art studio in town... Can't keep up with demand ha ha!!
Has Trump still got that permanent foot in his mouth ?
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by lario48 Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:21 am

Hey Mate!

Yeah, I didn't purchase "Easy to Buy, Hard To Sell". I haven't listened to my collection at all lately, since my CD player in my car stopped working. My car is really the only place I listen to my cds.

I've been doing fine. This damn virus is a scary situation. The positive cases keep climbing every day. I'm concerned for my daughters, they both work at the same Retirement Community. We have to wear masks just about everywhere. I have numerous masks.

As for Trump, I really can't express how much I despise his sorry ass! The people that support him don't realize what he has done to this country. He wants to emulate the likes of Hitler, Putin & Kim Jong-un. He wouldn't be able to do any of what he's doing if it wasn't for the sorry ass Republican Party. They call themselves "Patriots",what a fu@#ing joke.  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
lario48
lario48
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:55 am

I'm lucky my car stereo as a USB port . I'll play mp3 songs. (still enjoying my Stoner music - Samsara Blues Experiment)
Still prefer to buy CDs when I can.
Been getting constantly told to use Spotify for songs and podcasts by Mandy, daughters and their partners.
Still got an iPhone 6 with bugger all memory capacity. Always having to cull photos and downloaded podcasts to free up space... gggrrr!
What's Biden like ? Has he got the ability ?
ANd why can't you get Obama back ? Is there a policy that dictates he can't go for it again?
And definitely make sure your daughters take care of themselves in that environment mate.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:48 am

Last edited by SithTracy on Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New Link)
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:40 pm

G'day Tracy,
It won't let me access it.

AL
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by lario48 Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:48 am

Eddie Van Halen R.I.P.

angel angel
lario48
lario48
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:17 am

Good one Larry,
This caught me by surprise.... I didn't realise he was crook … and only 65 as well .. I assume it was the smokes that got him...?
Brilliant player.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by lario48 Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:21 am

Hey Al,

They say the throat cancer might be from holding a metal guitar pick in his mouth all the time.
lario48
lario48
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:40 am

Mannn….

Forgot to ask this earlier.... Did either of you guys jump into JB live performance ? Unless I'm there in person, I struggle with his live stuff. I love to feel the power of his performing... I just can't get it through speakers or headphones... just me I guess.
Looking forward to the next studio offering...

Oh and the remastered Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound album. I'll be getting that. Their live music I can enjoy.... weird.
The other stuff from youtube I grabbed was a band The Analogues. They are a dutch band that play the beatles albums in their entirety. These were ones the Beatles never performed live. They play the original instruments used to record the albums. Bloody good stuff !! Worth a looksee when you get the chance.
I'm still listening to my heavy styles …. bands like Wo Fat, The Samsara Blues Experiment, The Restoned , Naxatras etc.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:57 pm

Thought about doing the pay-per-view thing, but didn't. The way this world is going, I did not think I would remember to tune in.

I did just get the CD for Royal Tea in the mail and am enjoying it. I'll admit my expectations were a bit low for this one, but really liking it. Really liking "Beyond The Silence".
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:47 am

I have the same expectations Tracy.
Still another couple of days away down here.... I'll grab it on the weekend.
Might the remastered - A New Day Now on my way home tonight.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Alby wrote:
Might the remastered - A New Day Now  on my way home tonight.  

I was on the fence about getting a New Day Now, but ended up grabbing it and liking it much more than the original recording.
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:38 pm

Didn't grab last night.. was running late to daughters place for tea. Will try tonight.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:01 pm

SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:55 pm

SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:01 pm

SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next