friendsofudvdr.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chromebook Anyone?

2 posters

Go down

Chromebook Anyone? Empty Chromebook Anyone?

Post by SithTracy Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:36 am

Just curious if anyone has a Chromebook and has given it a go? Kid wants a laptop of her own and she get's straight A's and gets to use a MacBook at home and at school. I just won't let her personalize the MacBook and quite frankly a MacBook is too expensive for a Xmas gift... Graduation, perhaps...

Cloud computing is the future... We may want to resist, but tablets and smart phones are becoming peoples primary devices for staying connected. Things I don't like about it is around photo and video work... I need the horsepower of the i7 in my Windows desktop and the MacBook Pro... does my kid. I realize there are some cheap Windows laptops out there, but you get what you pay for there. I'll admit, my recent experience with the Nexus 7 has me thinking this might be a cool idea. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this and considered it.
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Chromebook Anyone? Empty Re: Chromebook Anyone?

Post by sanshoe Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:11 am

I don't even have a smart phone as yet, so I can't help you there Sith.
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:42 am

Well now, I would say you are the smart one! Buying a smart phone does not make one smart... someone has to be at the other end of the spectrum in that relationship with the phone!!!!

And yes, I own a smart phone... Just saying that killed brain cells. I sometimes hate being that connected!!!
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum