friendsofudvdr.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFL Round 13

2 posters

Go down

AFL Round 13 Empty AFL Round 13

Post by Alby Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Well....
It had to happen... Not unexpected but dissappointing.

The Cats never play well after the bye last last round.... but jeeez...
Travelled to Queensland to play the Brisbane Lions. I expected a close game but into the 3rd qtr we had a lead of over 50 points.... only to be beaten with the last kick of the game !!! and after the siren. The boys thought the game was won and took the foot off the pedal. When the Lions came hard in the last qtr we couldn't switch it back on. It was a massive comeback. Maybe it was a loss we had to have.
I'd say coach Chris Scott tore strips off all the players after that. It'll be interesting to see how the boys will play Saturday night when we play Fremantle at home. It'll be a hard one as they are becoming a hoodoo side...(a team we alway struggle against) We have a couple of players out as well... Steve Johnson suspended ....again for a couple of games. I also think a few are carrying slight injuries...

HEY... The good news is... Andrews boys got done in another upset... yes!!! Port Adelaide played well all game and comprehensivley nailed Sydney !! Same same... I think they will come back hard and win against Carlton.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

AFL Round 13 Empty Re: AFL Round 13

Post by 4hams Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:20 am

Sounds like exciting ball even if it was not the outcome you wanted Al.
4hams
4hams

http://www.digitalphotohaven.com/forum.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:57 am

Hey, they are the games that get people through the turnstyles Joel.
You need to play an attractive style of game which is what Geelong has been doing since 2007 when we won our first flag in over 40 years... and 2 premierships after that.
That was our worst defeat from having such a lead in over 10 years. Normally teams DON'T lose when they are that far in front.. at any stage of a game.
Aah well... on to the next...
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down