friendsofudvdr.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OS Migration

2 posters

Go down

OS Migration Empty OS Migration

Post by leseil612 Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:36 pm

I have, Paragon migrate OS to SSD, It copies the entire Operating system plus all programmes from "C" Drive to any other bootable drive large enough to take all the data (In my case 54Gb). This is great as I have a 500Gb external drive. There is only one problem, I cannot seem to find out if the migration is a real migration, (That is the entire "C" drive is erased from its original drive and transferred entirely to the other disc) or does the "C" drive retain all the original data BUT make a complete new copy to my external Hard drive. If the latter is correct that would be brilliant as I would always have a complete backup of my entire system instead of having to start all over again re-installing my operating system and all the programmes that I have on my computer as well. While I have my Windows 7 ultimate disc all ready to re-install I do not have disc for all my programmes as a number are from Giveaway of the day. The worst, however, is that I have a lot of microsoft programmes and when I have had to re-install these programmes before I have to ring microsoft for every one first giving and then receiving loads of numbers to authenticate my software. Any views guys or is there a programme that does just copy the entire "C" drive to my external HD.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

OS Migration Empty Re: OS Migration

Post by zebadee Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi Smile
It looks like you've paid for a program.
Useful video
When you could do it for free.
If unsure try/use Paragon Backup & Recovery free edition.
zebadee
zebadee

http://www.friendsofudvdr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi Smile
BTW I use Acronis.
Check them out.
You could probably do what you want during the trial.
Though I am not sure about that.
zebadee
zebadee

http://www.friendsofudvdr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum