friendsofudvdr.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alby Has Retired !!!!

2 posters

Go down

Alby Has Retired !!!! Empty Alby Has Retired !!!!

Post by Alby Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:03 am

Hi Guys,
By the time you all read this I will have formally retired from full time work! Friday 8th Sept is my last day.
I turned 60 back in March and had worked with the local Water Authority for a total of 40 years. The last 20 years I was an operator at the Water Reclamation Plant .... A sewerage treatment facility. It's a biological treatment plant... the biggest of it's type in the Southern Hemisphere.
Been a lot of hard work, but a lot of fun. Get on extremely well with my colleagues. I'd been on long Service Leave since April .
I plan on doing casual work now and again ... possibly some work at the treatment plant... but labour based only . easy stuff.
Larry and Andrew can give me some pointers.... advice .... .. Got plenty to keep me busy at present..
Returning me keys, swipe cards, computer (Surface Pro) shortly.
My email address will change obviously.
I'll PM it to you.

thanks,

AL
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Alby Has Retired !!!! Empty Re: Alby Has Retired !!!!

Post by Barough Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:03 pm

Congratz Al Smile

For me it's the other way around. I just got a new job after being unemployed for like 20 months. Starting next month.
Barough
Barough

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:04 am

G'day Mate,
Sorry, I hadn't jumped in earlier Hope the job is still going.
What is it ?
Been a damn busy year so far for us down here. Got another daughters wedding on the 20th. Same as eldest who got married last year.... She's expecting !.. Ha Ha !! And showing a lot. They were planning to start after the wedding but.... We are all very happy for them. And Steph, the eldest is expecting her second. So.... Em in June ..... Steph in September. 3 Grandkids.... Oh Boy!!!

I do want to some work and Been fortunate my ex boss said yes. But the process is a nightmare.
I'll be working through an agency as a contractor. The paperwork and proof of ID is crazy... and to make matters worse, I lost or didn't have a birth certificate... more ID proof needed... Oh Mmaaann...
So... after alll that.... the police check is finally completed and clear..
The weather is turning cooler down here in Aus.... It's Autumn ... an evening smokey whisky will soon replace the cold beer or Gin.
Oh before I forget.... I'd love to get everyones email address (please PM me) I want to keep in touch shouild we lose this.

AL
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down