friendsofudvdr.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ashes 2021/22

Go down

The Ashes 2021/22  Empty The Ashes 2021/22

Post by Alby Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:42 am

Summer !!!!
Bring on those Stinking hot days and weekends playing CRICKET !!!!
Well.... no more cricket for ALPal here. Haven't played for a couple of seasons.... Had enough.
Love the game... but after 30 years I lost the passion to play it. Still head down to watch my club play for a couple of hours on a Saturday, catch up with a few other old-timers.

Now .. Bring on the ASHES! It's Test Match Cricket between Australia and England... think it's the oldest rivalry in any competition... (correct me if I'm wrong).
This year it's here in Aus. 5 matches played in nearly all State Capitals. Test Matches are played over 5 days with both teams play 2 innings. Games can end in a draw.
It'll take pages of writing to explain it as well as the rules. It's worth jumping on to youtube to look it up.
First match has been run and won .... by Australia and convincingly. Up in Brisbane, Queensland.
Next is a day/night match in Adelaide(South Australia) ....I think. Then back over here in Melbourne (Victoria) for the massive Boxing Day Test. Big traditional day.
Not sure where after that..
Could sit and watch it from start to finish over the 5 days.
Most youngsters prefer the T20 matches. very short games that go for only a few hours. 'Not my cup of tea'.

Football season over in the U.S. isn't it ??
You guys support any team/s ?
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down