friendsofudvdr.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphics cards

3 posters

Go down

Graphics cards Empty Graphics cards

Post by leseil612 Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:53 pm

My graphics card is Asus GeForce GT 610 Silent Nvidea 2GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDMI  This graphics card will only run 2 monitors, my son has just given me a third monitor which I would like to add to my system my motherboard has two PCIE x 16 slots. I thought that I would get a second graphics card that would run the third monitor and be compatible with the first Graphics card. (I do not do any gaming) I understand that to place a second graphics card into the second slot, that would allow three monitors to work at the same time, I would have to get exactly the same card as the first one, is this correct or would any GeForce GT 610 do the trick. I know that there are some bright guys on Friendsofudvdr. I am hoping that one of them has the answer to this riddle.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Graphics cards Empty Re: Graphics cards

Post by SithTracy Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:08 pm

I'm old school... I still only run one monitor... a large one 27" 4K monitor, but just one... I think you would need to use the SLI links on an nVidia card. Not sure if that model has that. Might be best if you picked up a new card that supports more monitors.
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by satrat Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:18 am

Hi Les your card does not have SLi read this http://lifehacker.com/how-to-set-up-triple-monitors-for-super-widescreen-gami-1680863770 I'm running 3 screens have done for about 10 years hope this helps Dave
satrat
satrat

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:22 pm

Many thanks to both of you for your support. (Tracy and Dave) It seems to be a minefield. It would appear (so far) that my Sabertooth P67 motherboard does not support SLI so two video cards would appear to be out of the question but if that is correct why has my motherboard got two PCIE x 16 slots. My brain aches, | will never be a geek at this rate. Take me away from commercial law and nothing comes easily and even law has changed a lot since I left lecturing it. ces't la vie
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by satrat Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:15 am

leseil612 wrote:Many thanks to both of you for your support. (Tracy and Dave) It seems to be a minefield. It would appear (so far) that my Sabertooth P67 motherboard does not support SLI so two video cards would appear to be out of the question but if that is correct why has my motherboard got two PCIE x 16 slots. My brain aches, | will never be a geek at this rate. Take me away from commercial law and nothing comes easily and even law has changed a lot since I left lecturing it. ces't la vie

Hi Les your motherboard is fine it's your graphics card that does not support Sli (Scalable link interface) now there's some light reading LOL it boils down to how much you want 3 screens have you the work for them (me I love them, running 3x23") you can get a single graphics card with 3 outlets to run 3 screens http://multimonitorcomputer.com/top-4-best-videocard-for-multiple-monitor-computers.php
Hope I'm not adding fuel to the fire LOL regards Dave
satrat
satrat

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Well, I must have said in the past that my son is a counter Intelligence officer in the RAF. As he is always in some Sh** country working with their intelligence service we are not allowed to know where he is or even try to contact him.
However 3 days ago he came back for 7 days when he came visiting I informed him of my problem he took a video card, from another old computer and put it into my second slot, the two video cards where as unalike as they could possibly be. An half of an hour later all three monitors were working and as I am writing this All three monitors are working, not only that but I can have a different piece of software working on each of them.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by satrat Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:45 am

leseil612 wrote:Well, I must have said in the past that my son is a counter Intelligence officer in the RAF. As he is always in some Sh** country working with their intelligence service we are not allowed to know where he is or even try to contact him.
However 3 days ago he came back for 7 days when he came visiting I informed him of my problem he took a video card, from another old computer and put it into my second slot, the two video cards where as unalike as they could possibly be. An half of an hour later all three monitors were working and as I am writing this All three monitors are working, not only that but I can have a different piece of software working on each of them.

nice 1 les thumbsup
satrat
satrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum